- "myspace is dangerous" - no one had an account
- "i didn't know you had a teen site"
- liking bright colors
- spending lots of time engaged with the games. it's amazing how quickly they find this!
- from one in the group who asked "who is the website targeted for?," "what's your budget?," and "how do you market this?" - my initial response was to hire her :) she suggested advertising in her school's high school newspaper - what a concept! Based on her question of target we said it encompassed 11-18 year olds. Quite the large age range considering the topics and reading that falls in between........ Alyson and I talked further after the meeting and wonder about creating 2 pathways under some of the content areas. For instance, click on Read It! and you can then find "middle school" and "high school" reading lists appropriate for either age range. Under Teen Topics, we can be writing to both age ranges. To interest the older teens, edgier materials can be written and posted.
Now it's time to find a great salsa recipe!
1 comment:
As I've noted before - I don't think it makes sense to try to create a teen website for kids age 11-18. The differences are too great. I'd think it would make sense to concentrate on middle school/ younger high school students (11-15?) and meet the needs of older teens through the adult sections of the website.
Post a Comment