oli was talking about how neat icards were......my daughter had sent me one this summer she had found. i said cool and dismissed it (although the picture was gorgeous!). when oli mentioned it a light bulb went off....why couldn't i send a book jacket (or movie jacket or cd cover) the same way? what a neat reader's advisor this would be! if we got really sophisticated we could include a link to the podcast review or to place on hold or to other lists, wow....i'm drooling with the opportunities! not only could staff send these out as patrons asked questions but patrons could send to their friends, too.
what do you think of this idea?
p.s. happy weekend, may you be merry and full of eggnog!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it is certainly an option. It was something we discussed when we were building the children's website. We chose instead to link to other websites that offer the same type of service as a time and cost saving measure.
Christine K
I was going comment that we had suggested this idea when working on the children's website but Christine beat me to the punch.
I still really like the idea. We are becoming a much more multi-media world and text alone does not always engage people. (Especially my people...the teens)
So, I say, run with any ideas you have on this!
~Monica
Post a Comment