Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh - what "O" can do!

It's Friday and you're probably thinking I've gone off my rocker ! A post about Oprah, you may be thinking? What else can she be referring to? Is it time to check my email instead? Don't despair - "O" is here! (sorry that sounds like the Underdog movie again and I haven't even seen it!)

Control O - those two magical keystrokes you might consider using when you're standing at a webpac with a patron and need to use the internet. Control O opens up a dialog box in which you simply type in the URL of your heart's desire (or maybe what the patron is looking for) and voila! you are there!

How to return to the catalog page? Click the "home" button.

In light of our discussion about removing the "search google" option on our newly designed homepage, the Control O feature will be a good one to remember.

Happy Control O-ing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cynthia,

A very belated thanks for posting this tip. I have used it more than once and it has been a great help. I enjoy reading all your posts!